Forums
Current time: 19-05-2024, 01:26 AM

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
British Council : " it is NOT FAIR to postpone exams "
08-03-2011, 03:45 AM,
British Council Second Message

Quote:Dear students

Thank you for your continued comments and questions. We would like to try to clarify the situation.

Some students have asked whether the May-June session has been canceled. No, this is not the case and we will go ahead as planned. However, we have said students can transfer some or all subjects to the November session without any extra payment. Some students have also continued to request that the session be postponed. I’m sorry but this isn’t possible because the exams are taken across the whole region at the same time and to postpone here would mean having to postpone in many other countries, which wouldn’t be fair on their students. I do hope you understand our position.

We would like to remind you that the awarding bodies understand very well the situation in Egypt and the disruption that has been caused. In this regard, they have agreed that schools will be able to apply for special consideration after the coming session. This means that once the awarding bodies receive the special consideration application from the schools, they will review how student performance has been affected by the disruption and make a fair decision on grading accordingly.

We would ask you to please be patient and be aware that your school will be receiving and returning the special consideration form detailing how studies have been disrupted.

We would also ask that you do not consider more protests and understand that this is disruptive for other students, for example primary level children who regularly take courses at the British Council on Fridays and who are now in turn having their timetables disrupted because of safety worries.

If you would like more information please write to us at information@britishcouncil.org.eg or go to http://www.britishcouncil.org/egypt-exam...-exams.htm or http://www.flyingcolours.org.uk/

[ Copied From : http://www.flyingcolours.org.uk/item/1553/23/237/3 ]

See Also
======

>> URGENT FROM CIE : " We are monitoring the ongoing situation in Egypt "

>> British Council :" Any student wanting to transfer to the November session can do so"
Einstein Quotes

"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [ Released ] CIE Provisional Grade9 Time Table for May/June 2011 Exams, Egypt Hassab 0 6,063 10-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Hassab
  British Council :" Any student wanting to transfer to the November session can do so" Hassab 0 5,058 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Hassab
  June 2011 Exams Fees - Cambridge and Edexcel Hassab 1 2,534 18-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Omneya Mostafa